Guest Post by Kristina Clement Wilton
Thinking about selling your home? Don’t fall victim to any of these common seller mistakes.
Here is a brief summary of the tips from the video with a few helpful tips on how to avoid making costly mistakes when selling your home:
1. Putting your home on the market before it’s ready: Get your pre-sale work done PRIOR to listing (painting,new carpet, declutter, financing)
2. Incorrect Pricing: Price is determined by the market, price it accordingly the first time. If too high– you will help sell the comparables before your own which may result in a price reduction and the loss of potential buyers. At the same time if it is priced your potential profit will suffer. Working with a real estate professional with help you to determine the right price for your home.
3. Getting Too Emotional: When you decide to sell, it is important to accept that it is no longer your home. You may be advised to do some cosmetic work or staging, it can be difficult but don’t take it personal.
4. Stretching out buyer negotiations: It is important to reply immediately to an offer. When buyers make an offer they are, right then, in the mood to buy. Don’t give them a chance to keep looking because you don’t want to lose a sale because you stall in replying.
5. Selling without a professional: surveys show self-sellers often net less from the sale than sellers who use a Real Estate agent. Avoid costly mistakes, let a professional handle the sale of your home. We know the ins and outs of selling homes.
Via: Tips of the Day